Why Speed Reading?
I have always had speed reading in the back of my mind ever since I started internet marketing.
Information Overload Central. Instead of spending too much time reading and less time doing, speed reading will help allocate my time towards taking more action. That means more things get done, more free time away from working and improve my understanding and retention for the long haul. I will be using ace reader as my speed reading software as my coach and milestone tracker so screenshots will be presented throughout the week.
Before I set my goal, I first had to figure out my WPM as my base by taking a few tests through ace reader and averaging out the results.
- Current WPM is 234 at 93.75% comprehension.
- Specific – Read at 350 WPM with 75% comprehension by May 1st. I could not find any information regarding the improvements people have received by speed reading for a specific duration so I will ball park my goal and adjust accordingly after it is over.
- Measurable – The total upgrade is 116 WPM so I would need to read 29 WPM faster each week.
- Action – I will take the ace reader course for 30 minutes first thing in the morning 7 days a week. I will update this challenge every Monday after completing a 30 minute course for that day.
- Relevant – This will improve my work and life balance. I will be able to learn more about internet marketing, exercise creativity and most importantly being able to squeeze out potential self-growth.
- Time – My goal is complete it by April
This will be my first challenge being documented for others to see so I am definitely nervous. Have you ever gone through a speed reading course? Share your experience and let us know.